Over the years we have hosted many groups from colleges, universities and technical schools. Blue Rock Station offers a unique setting where budding engineers can experience true, hands-on, practical projects in a relaxing setting.
Past examples of weekend excursion projects include:
- constructing plastic bottle greenhouse
- straw bale construction and earth plastering
- construction of composting stations
- creating third-world "humanure" stations that are hygenic and practical
- building solar generators (University of Dayton group pictured)
Students will sleep in comfortable straw bale cabins. Group meals allow for plenty of time to discuss the philosophy of sustainability and the secrets of life, the universe and everything.